Job and Work-in-Process Operations Tracking
KnarrTek's BellHawk Job and Materials Tracking Software has been used to track and manage customer orders, inventory and manufacturing operations in wide variety of manufacturing
applications in the Industrial, Medical, and Food supply chains.
This includes tracking work-in-process, collecting
job cost and materials traceability data, and tracking WIP inventory.
The KnarrTek manufacturing software is especially suited to:
- Make-to-order manufacturing
- Short-run, quick-turn manufacturing
- Manufacturing custom products
- Food and Medical Device and Supply Manufacturing where FDA compliance is required.
- Tracking pharmaceutical repackaging operations
- Tracking and managing manufacturing operations in multiple plants and warehouses.
- Tracking and managing inventory in multiple plants and warehouses.
- Integrating real-time data capture in manufacturing plants with ERP and accounting systems
- Automating the flow of customer orders to become work orders for manufacturing plants
The KnarrTek BellHawk software tracks:
- Raw, intermediate, WIP and finished good inventory
- Receiving and put away of raw materials
- Transformation of raw materials into finished products through a
sequence of operations
- Customer orders, work orders and work-in-process
- Consumption of materials, labor and equipment time on jobs
- Scrap and rework, including reason codes.
- Production and put away of intermediate and finished goods
- Quality control inspection and test data
- Machinery and equipment used in production operations
- Picking, packing and shipping of finished goods
As part of its materials tracking activities, the BellHawk software prevents mistakes by providing point-of-action
warnings if a material-handler or equipment operator is about to make an operational mistake, such as using or
picking the wrong materials, or has made a data entry mistake that needs correcting.
Based on this tracking data, the KnarrTek software then enables managers to:
- See the real-time status of customer orders, inventory, and production jobs. This includes being able to see
where all the individual containers of materials are, what they contain, and where they are located.
- See predicted inventory levels, taking into account current inventory, plus expected additions from
purchases due from suppliers or materials its is planned to make, less subtractions from planned shipments or
planned consumption on jobs.
- Be able to quickly locate materials which are stored in multiple locations within warehouses, production
plants, and field sites, as well as those in-transit. This includes assets, such as tools, jigs, and fixtures.
- Incrementally create purchase order, work orders, and ship orders in response to incoming customer orders
for custom and semi-custom products.
- Track the status of purchase orders, work orders, and ship orders as they relate to each separate customer
- Initiate Pick Orders to move materials to the shop-floor for jobs or to pick materials for shipment to
- Automate the scheduling of jobs on the production floor so as to ensure, within available resources, that
customer orders get out on time.
- Receive text or Email alerts when there are unexpected materials shortages or when other events occur that
need management attention
- Review estimated versus actual cost data for each job
- Trace-back from finished products to the specific materials that went into them and trace-forward from
potentially defective materials to containers of material shipped to customers or still in a warehouse or
Please click here to learn about the
WIP Tracking Methods used by the
For more information about how
KnarrTek can help you with your specific work-in-process operations tracking and
management issues, please contact KnarrTek by clicking on the [Contact Us] button below: