How KnarrTek Solutions Track Work-in-Process Materials
KnarrTek uses the BellHawk software to implement Work-in-Process Tracking solutions.
The BellHawk real-time data collection software tracks the receipt of raw materials, their transformation into intermediate and finished materials, as well as the picking,
packing, and shipping of the finished products.
Because it is a work-in-process tracking system, BellHawk performs the tracking of the raw, intermediate, and finished materials using
License-Plate-Number (LPN) container
These same methods can be used to track each part or container of parts
as they move from work center to work center.
BellHawk tracks the transformation of materials based on work-order operations, which typically relate to the processing of a batch of materials, but which can also relate
to the assembly, test, and repair of serial numbered equipment.
BellHawk can also track the transformation of materials by kitting, repacking, relabeling, and palletizing in an industrial warehouse.
BellHawk can track when a work starts and ends on each work-order operation. It can capture the labor and machine time required, as well as the materials consumed and
produced, including scrap and materials returned to stock.
Comparison of Methods for Work-in-Process Tracking
- If all that is required is to see the real-time status of each customer order and the customer order consists of a single batch of materials or a single item then
simply use BellHawk to record when each work-order operation starts and ends. This is the simplest approach to getting real-time visibility into the status of each customer order.
It can be done using the BellHawk production operations tracking System (PTS) which can also capture the labor required for each work-order operation as well as piecework
- If the primary goal is to see the status of all the different materials related to work order or a customer project then BellHawk should be used to track the receipt of
raw materials, and their transformation into work-in-process, intermediate and finished material using the BellHawk Real-Time
Work-in-Process Tracking System (WIPS) .
- If the primary goal is to track the picking, packing and shipping of finished products, then the BellHawk Materials Tracking System (MTS) should be used in conjunction
with the BellHawk Warehouse Management (WMS) option. Such applications may also require the BellHawk TAG barcode label printing option.
- If the primary goal is to capture a materials traceability history so that this can be used to track back from defective finished
products to the raw materials used and to track forward from defective ingredients to the products in which these ingredients were used,
then RTOPS is essential.
- If the primary goal is to accurately capture labor and materials cost data then the WIPS system should be used. This can be augmented by
capturing the setup, run, and down times of the equipment or machines used.
It is recommended that clients start with the simplest method that meets their initial objectives. Then clients can always upgrade their BellHawk software to include the additional capabilities they may need in future.
Please click here to learn more about
KnarrTek's Software Platforms.