BellHawk Software Technology
A BellHawk system consists of:
- The BellHawk software, which consists of a specialized BellHawk website and SQL Server database running on a Windows Server computer. All user
interactions takes place through the website interface using web-browser based devices and all tracking data is
captured in the SQL server database. The BellHawk software can be installed on the client's own Windows Server
or used on a subscription basis at a secure data center in the "Cloud".
- Ruggedized mobile computers, tablets and PDAs, usually with integral barcode scanners, which are used to
capture data by means of barcode scanning. These use a web-browser to communicate with the server over a plant wireless network, the
Internet, and/or a mobile phone data network and thus do not need any
special software to be loaded onto the devices.
- PCs equipped with corded or cordless Bluetooth scanner which can be
used to capture data by barcode scanning using a web-browser.
- PCs, Laptops, Tablets and Mobile Phones that can be used to view and control operations from anywhere and
at any time they have an internet connection to the Windows Server, through a web-browser interface.
- PCs that are used, through a web-browser interface, to run reports,
enter system setup data, and perform Excel imports and exports. PCs are
also used to enter purchase orders, work orders, pick orders, and ship
orders and to monitor their progress.
- A set of interfaces that enable clients to implement automated data exchange
interfaces with a
wide-range of ERP, accounting, CAD, E-Commerce, process control, and supply chain
systems. BellHawk can import and export data in the form of Excel spreadsheets for
simple data exchange with other systems.
- Barcode label printers which can be used to print barcode labels on
demand through any data collection device as part of the data collection
BellHawk does not require the use of barcode label printers to perform
its operations and materials tracking functions. Instead, for simplicity and
ease of use, BellHawk can use pre-printed rolls of license-plate tracking
barcodes and barcoded receiving, picking, and work order traveler forms
printed on standard office printers.
While BellHawk runs on a Microsoft Windows Server, it can
work with a wide range of data collection and viewing devices running a
variety of operating systems, including Windows, Android, Linux, Mac OS, and iOS, using a variety of web-browsers.
Through its interface to BarTender Automation, BellHawk can support a
wide-range of thermal, thermal transfer, and color barcode label printers.
Please click here to download a copy of the BellHawk Software Handbook. This 160 page book covers the applications of BellHawk, the
methods and the technology used by BellHawk, as well as giving a
detailed overview of the BellHawk options.
Please click here for more details about: